Hunters Gourmet Catering event caterers general trading information, terms and conditions
1. Hunters Gourmet Catering (HGC) may make a one off fixed charge for the delivery, set up, clearance and travel involved in co-ordinating the event. This will be dependent on location and will be outlined in our initial quotation.
2. All quotations are valid for three months from the date of quotation.
3. All bookings must be confirmed in writing with a signed copy of the agreement and booking deposit.
4. A deposit of 25% of quotation at the time of booking is required to confirm any booking.
5. A further 2nd payment of 25% of quotation at the time of booking will be payable three calendar months prior to the event with settlement of balance payable 14 days prior to the event.
6. For smaller events, we may request a nominal deposit at our discretion.
7. Deposit payments are non-refundable and the following percentage of the outstanding sales value will be charged to the client in the event of cancellation:
- 30 days prior to event- 25% of the quoted cost
- 14 days prior to event- 50% of the quoted cost
- 7 days prior to event- 100% of the quoted cost
8. Hunters Gourmet Catering reserve the right to cancel any booking if agreed payment terms are not met by client as laid out in this agreement.
9. All prices quoted are based on the information provided by the client at the beginning of the quotation process. Confirmation of guest numbers must be given four weeks prior to the event along with menu choices, equipment requirements and any other information that may affect the overall quotation. All figures will be amended accordingly at this point taking into account any funds that we have received.
10. Guaranteed Guest Count. You need to submit the guaranteed number of guests (the “guest count”) for your Event to the HGC Coordinator no later than 72 hours prior to the Event. If the actual number of your guests at the time of the Event is larger than the guest count, you will be charged for the additional guests in attendance at the per guest rate stated in the Proposal. HGC will not discount or reduce the contract price if the actual number of your guests at the time of the Event is less than the guest count you submit to HGC.
11. HGC have full public and employee liability insurance and our certificate is available upon request.
12. HGC shall make all reasonable efforts to perform their obligations but shall not be liable for any delay or other failure as a result of factors outside of the company’s control.
13. We are happy to advise our clients on any electricity/ gas/ water/ lighting requirements but do not accept responsibility for problems due to power failure or faulty equipment used by client or supplied by other companies.
14. HGC cannot be held responsible for the safety and quality of any food or drink supplied directly by the client or any other organisation.
15. No liability is accepted by HGC for the failure of performance due to accidents, fire, flood, and obstruction by any ‘acts of god’ or any such event beyond the control of the company.
16. As part of our service we will undertake a site visit to determine access, lay out and venue facilities. Additional charges may apply for any additional cooking equipment required to produce the menu if the venue is not suitably equipped. These charges will be made clear on our quotation.
17. Staffing costs will vary depending on the style of event and level of service required. All of our staff are professional, experienced and well trained and have the relevant food safety qualifications.
18. Equipment delivered to any location (private house, dwelling or clients nominated venue) shall remain the responsibility of the client from delivery until collection. Any breakages, loss or damage to our equipment caused directly by client or clients’ guests will be charged to the client at full replacement cost.
19. We will clear all food waste from site but will not take responsibility for the clearance from site of any bottles, cardboard, plastics unless a bar service is provided by HGC or by prior agreement at an additional charge.
20. All tables and chairs need to be in position prior to our arrival on site and arranged as per the table plan provided to us. We at the end of your event will leave the tables and chairs in position and we will not fold down tables or stack chairs.
21. We will not accept responsibility for the cleaning of venue or marquee. Whilst we will endeavour to ensure that the area is as clear as possible from food waste, drink waste and linen removed from tables, we will not sweep, mop or hoover the venue at the end of your event.
22. Event Timeline and Staffing. Each Event is unique and will require a different timeline, so we understand that there will be specific requirements discussed at the time of your booking. Event staffing is variable and will be determined at the time of booking (based on the guest count and Event Type). The Catering Coordinator will inform you of the staffing planned for your Event. If your Event exceeds 3 hours in duration, additional staff time will be charged as a fee, in addition to the contract price, at a rate of £10 per hour per staff member.
23. Additional Charges. Hunters Gourmet Catering charges delivery fees for all drop-offs (disposable items only), and delivery and pick-up fees for all set-ups (having presentation pieces and executive décor), based on the distance of the Event from the catering restaurant. Set-up/Return Pick-ups are non-staffed and a member of our catering team will return to break it down at the designated time. An additional 10% Event Fee is charged for each Event set-up at a non- Hunters Gourmet Catering restaurant location with our standard buffet equipment and staffed with our experienced catering staff, which will be arranged by our Catering Coordinator, to cover basic costs of equipment, standard props, administrative expenses, service vehicles, gas, uniforms, staff costs and insurance
24. Out of hours services. We are happy to discuss events before 9.00am and after 5.00pm during evenings and weekends. These events will be subject to a labour cost surcharge.